In order to take advantage of the House of Highland services and products you will need to register with us.
You must provide accurate information about yourself and agree to our verification process. We will as part of that process take details of your IP address if you register through our website. By registering with House of Highland you give us express permission to do so. Once registration is complete we can provide you with certain information requested relating to properties we have on file or other services. Without registering we cannot provide information on properties we have on our books as we have an obligation to know who we are booking in for viewings or other such related activities at our clients’ properties.
As part of our professional obligation it is important that we know who is booking a viewing and whether they are in a position to proceed with a purchase. When a viewing is booked an associate of House of Highland will contact you to confirm your funding arrangements. We will advise the seller of your position should an offer be made together with the details provided by you at the time you submit your offer. You may be contacted again by us at the time an offer is made to seek further information and clarification.
You agree that you will NOT use House of Highland Ltd’s website or other channels to:
- upload, download, post, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libellous, abusive, violent, obscene, vulgar, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise objectionable;
stalk, harass, threaten or harm another;
- pretend to be anyone, or any entity, you are not — you may not impersonate or misrepresent yourself as another person, entity, another User, a House of Highland Ltd employee, or , or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (House of Highland Ltd reserves the right to reject or block any e-mail address or other medium which could be deemed to be an impersonation or misrepresentation of your identity, or a misappropriation of another person’s name or identity);
- engage in any copyright infringement or other intellectual property infringement (including uploading any content to which you do not have the right to upload), or disclose any trade secret or confidential information in violation of a confidentiality, employment, or nondisclosure agreement;
- post, send, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised email messages, advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or chain letters, including, without limitation, bulk commercial advertising and informational announcements;
- upload, post, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to harm, interfere or limit the normal operation of the Systems (or any part thereof), or any other computer software or hardware;
- interfere with or disrupt the Systems (including accessing the Systems through any automated means, like scripts or web crawlers), or any servers or networks connected to the Systems, or any policies, requirements or regulations of networks connected to the Systems (including any unauthorised access to, use or monitoring of data or traffic thereon);
- plan or engage in any illegal activity; and/or
- gather and store personal information on any other Users of the Systems to be used in connection with any of the foregoing prohibited activities.
You further agree:
- not to reveal your Account information to anyone;
- that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account and for all activities that occur on or through your Account, and you agree to immediately notify House of Highland Ltd of any security breach with regards saved properties in your House of Highland account;
- that the Products and Services are designed and intended for personal use on an individual basis and you should not share your Account information and/or password details with other individuals and/or corporate bodies unless you are registering as a company with House of Highland Ltd which will have been previously agreed direct with your House of Highland Ltd agent;
- that provided we have exercised reasonable skill and due care, House of Highland shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorised use of your Account resulting from you not following these rules;
- to provide accurate and complete information when you register with, and as you use the Systems and you agree to update your account information to keep it accurate and complete;
- that failure to provide accurate, current and complete Account information and data may result in the suspension and/or termination of your Account and/or Products and Services (without refund or part credit of fees paid).
Booking a free valuation
A free valuation from House of Highland Ltd is available with all of our Products and Services except the Introduction service.
Whilst a free valuation is available for no cost or obligation you agree that you have a genuine interest in selling or letting your property.
We do not offer free valuations for interest or mortgage solutions through other providers. It is at the sole discretion of your House of Highland agent whether to offer you a free valuation with regard to valuation appointments for purposes other than to sell or let your property, and if offered will be a desktop valuation.
Anti Money Laundering
All estate agents have a legal obligation to conduct identification checks on their customers in accordance with HMRC’s Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
This will include proof of ownership which will be established by a Land Registry search or copying Title Deeds where a property is not registered.
Identification checks for sellers must take place at the point you instruct House of Highland. For buyers this will take place at the point your offer is accepted by a seller and must be done prior to exchange of contracts on the property. Any offer received is subject to Anti-Money Laundering checks and will not proceed without verification of ID checks and proof of funds. The proof of funds must show in the name of the offering party and can be in the form of bank statements or mortgage in principle agreements, or a combination for both deposit and remainder of the balance.
The processing of personal data in accordance with these Regulations is lawful and necessary for the prevention of money laundering or terrorist financing and is for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Once the result of the electronic check is ascertained, unless we have a copy of acceptable photo ID (see List A below), we may ask you two simple security questions to confirm that you are the person identified.
In any case where we have been unable to verify a customer’s identification by way of an electronic check you will be required to provide us with two forms of identification, one from LIST A and one from LIST B below. Without this, we are not able to proceed with the transaction.
|LIST A||LIST B|
|Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)||Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year|
|EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this)||Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)|
|Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence||Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months|
|Full old-style driving licence||Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year|
|Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4||Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address|
|Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency||Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year|
|Firearms or shotgun certificate||Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)|
|Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport||HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year|
|National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant||Electoral Register entry|
|NHS Medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery|
Unless your House of Highland agent has taken a copy of the original document in your presence the copies that are provided must be certified.
You may use a solicitor, notary, bank, financial institution, independent professional person, a family doctor, chartered accountant, civil servant, or minister of religion unless you are a non-UK resident when you must use a solicitor, notary or a member of a financial institution.